After you get a traffic violation and received a ticket you would have to pay for it. This would mean that you are admitting guilt to the offense that you have been charged with and you are waiving the right to a trial. If you are talking about a small offense like beating the red light or over speeding then you may not be able to argue with your guilt so it would be easier to just go about making the payment for the ticket.

First thing you would have to do is take note of how to go about contacting the office that issues you the ticket. It will be within the jurisdiction of where you made the violation so there is a fair chance that it will not be with your local DMV office. You don’t really have to make a visit to the office. You can just go ahead and get in touch with them through the phone. Some states may have an outdated IVR (interactive voice response) so it would be best to just go ahead and get in touch with an operator right away. You can then inquire on how to go about making the payments for your traffic ticket.

If you want to make the payment in cash then you would have to pay the DMV office. If you think that you do not have time to go about making the visit on your own then you can pay via check. Some states would provide the details of check payments right in their website or perhaps ask the operator for the details. Some states would even offer the payments right through the website. You can use your credit card or your debit card so they can take the payment right from it. You can also make the payments taken directly taken out of your account.

If there is an issue though of actually making payment on the ticket that you got, you can then go ahead and arrange a payment scheme for you to be able to settle it once and for all. Unfortunately if you do not settle this it might take its toll on your driving record which then would become a problem for your car insurance when you renew your registration.
On the other hand, if you would rather fight the ticket then you may need to hire a lawyer. Points on your license can lead up to suspension so it may be practical to settle. You must get in touch with the county letting them know that you are going to dispute the ticket that was issued. You can do this alone but it would be best if you have a legal counsel who can help you set your defense.

All in all it would be up to you whether you would pay the ticket or dispute it. Either way it is going to cost you so you may really want to weigh it out.

For more information about DMV traffic tickets, you can visit this website: http://www.dmv.com/traffic-tickets.

1/9/2014 02:03:34 pm

good to read

5/10/2017 05:45:47 am

Thanks for sharing the information. Drunk driving is a crime and dangerous driving is astatutory offence. Read our Ticket legal to learn more about the dangerous driving, street racingoffence


Leave a Reply.